Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Supermoms, Prettify Every Chance You Get

I must admit, that whole 12 months of caring for the baby has left no room to prettify myself. My hair and my skin have gone dry that no amount of lotion can revive it anymore. I wear lousy clothes to bed knowing that it will still end up bunched around my neck upon waking up just because I was too tired and too sleepy to be pulling it up and down everytime the baby wants milk (breasts don't sleep, you know, it's a milk factory 24/7. It's a conspiracy, if you ask me) I get in and out of the shower in 3minutes tops. I was forced to do some dramatic changes on my working hours just because it wouldn't accommodate my baby's "playtime" thus making me look and feel like a walking zombie most of the time. My income has gone down to half the amount it used to be so I have to skimp a lot on my "kikay" allowance.

I get no rest. I get no sleep. I get no love :(

I am also not kidding when I say I get  no love. Seriously, how on Earth could I ever turn "romance" on and off just like a light bulb switch? It's crazy! You're either a mom or you're a wife, there's no meeting halfway sweetheart. You can never survive motherhood wearing lacy thongs underneath your mumus - and that my dear, only happens in Harlequin novels, never in real life.

Now imagine me with eyebags the size of your coin purse, unexplained skin discoloration in face and neck areas, fullblown war against white and blackheads combo - they are winning as of last tally, btw - allergy that is not going anywhere soon, and desert-dry skin and hair. Yikes!

This is what you get if you let go of yourself in 12 straight months, so don't make the same mistake, supermoms!

Because of these injustices, I was compelled to strategize. I made myself a promise to set aside some time for myself even if it means a measly 10 minutes before sleep time. Within this time, I should be able to squeeze in my beauty rituals such as nose and face packs, diy hair color - which should take at 30 minutes, lol -, paint nails, etc. This should be my "me" time. I mighty hope I would be able to add some more minutes as my son grows up! however, the mommy in me likes the baby in him and hopes he'll forever be a baby. lol.

Oh well.. pains of  motherhood, i guess ^_^

Moroccan Oil Hair Treatment 3.4 Oz Bottle with Blue Box sounds lovely, hmm..

3 comments:

Kat said...

Ay ako din! Dry skin, chipped, un-mani/pedicured nails, unruly brows...name it! Swerte na if I can shave my legs in the shower before Ziv wakes up! Hehe. Miss ko na magpakikay!

gie said...

ay buti na lang napakanipis ng hair ko, wla ko problem sa shave ng legs mommy kat! hehe. kaso talo ako sa hairfall, hanggang ngayon bonggang hairfall ako :(

wendy said...

ay! i could relate...lol. i'm waiting for my sons to grow up so i coul wear high heels, painted nails, accessorize, etc....

but i just so love the kisses and the hugs of my boys, never mind the saliva that goes with the kisses hahaha...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...