Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Experience With Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub

Due to heaps of procrastinating on my side, it is only now that I would be able to write a review for Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub. To date, Asian Secrets has 4 body scrubs and 2 soaps under its belt. I was able to try just 2: Green tea + Vitamin E and Licorice + Mulberry Leaf extract. Today, I am going to review the Green tea + Vitamin E variant.





Blurry photo, sorry :( Label says "Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub Javanese Beauty Ritual with Green Tea and Vitamin E. Dermatologist-tested. Hypo-allergenic"

I already did a review of Purbasari Lulur Mandi Whitening + Vitamin E and explained how lulur scrubs are supposed to be used in Java, Indonesia. The Purbasari brand is imported from Indonesia while Asian Secrets is a local brand, methinks (please correct me if I'm wrong) which in a way is good since the concentration would be more suitable for our skin - although I don't think there would be any difference. lol. Just saying that the Asian Secrets brand is more targeted to a Filipina skin.

As with any other scrub, you apply this all over your body especially on dark areas such as underarm and groin, knees and elbows. This should remove dead skin cells to soften and give way for skin renewal. Rinse with water. Asian Secrets lulur scrub is recommended for daily use as opposed to a regular scrub which should only be used 2-3 times a week.



Anyway, as for the consistency (creaminess and "scrub" particles) Purbasari and Asian Secrets are just about the same. The only difference is the smell as Asian Secrets is better. Price is also the same for the big and small tubs which is 130pesos and 80pesos. Both brands are available in most supermarkets but Watsons particularly carry these brands.



As with Purbasari, I've been using this on my face hoping to erase fine lines and whiten dark spots. I know it's kinda silly to be using a body scrub on my face but hey, it's working for me! Although I should warn you that I am also using other things on my face and not just this so please consider before doing same. 

As for the whitening part, Purbasari was able to whiten them for me (as I have used that brand before this) and from "Purbasari white", I am not seeing any further whitening on those areas but thankfully, the lightened areas were maintained. As for new scars, this is where you'll see the Asian Secrets effect as they were visibly lightened in a little over a week - a great improvement if you consider the natural skin lightening time of months. lol. What I noticed with lulur scrubs is that they were able to make skin healing time faster - I have skin allergy and very prone to cuts and bruises which takes time to heal. Lulur scrubs are not drying, this I love. You can even go without applying lotion after lulur scrub as its moisturizing effect lingers. Asian Secrets was able to tame my skin allergy too, unlike other scrubs which aggravate - and sometimes, trigger - the condition. I sure am buying more tubs of lulur, in fact, I'm already onto my next tub which is the Licorice + Mulberry Leaf extract variant!

Cheers! :)

18 comments:

Yanna said...

Love love love the smell of Asian Secrets! :) Will try this again after I give birth.. :)

clair said...

Been using it too! Pero not daily. minsan kasi i hurry up when taking baths ^^;;; hmmm. makes me wonder kung dapat talagang daily so i could see the effects right away ;)

Gladys | WanderingTandem.com said...

the price isn't bad, ha? PhP 80 lang. i was initially thinking of this as a gift... akin na lang kaya, LOL?

I♥am♥gie said...

@sis yanna, stick with the green tea variant, the licorice+mulberry smells lola-ish. lol :D

@sis claire, hassle nga if everyday but I think it's more effective if you do that. Try Purbasari, if you are after the whitening/lightening effect. mas effective sha sakin :)

@sis gladys, the 130tub lasts up to 2 weeks (everyday use) so talgang sulit :) try mo sis, maganda sha promise :)

Zane said...

Parang nakita ko na po sya sa commercial?! not sure pero effective po b yan?

Zane said...

Effective po b yan? walang side effects? ^_^

I♥am♥gie said...

whitening sis zane, parang hindi ko masyado nakikita effects but sa smoothening, ok sha kasi nawala naman yung mga chicken skin ko :)walang side effects :)

Airah Roxas said...

Haven't seen any whitening effects but a good choice of body scrub though. It really leaves you a smooth skin after using and a lovely smell too. :)

Airah Kim said...

Haven't seen any whitening effect but a good choice of body scrub though. It really leaves you a smooth skin and a lovely smell too. :)

I♥am♥gie said...

try Purbasari for whitening, super strong nga lang yung smell but I noticed lightening on dark areas. :)

Unknown said...

I need those scrubs

Anonymous said...

i am currently using this one and simply love the smell. it can last for up to 4 hours (just inside my room, or maybe because of the aircon), the smoothing effect is love. ♥♥♥. i'll try Purbasari after this one.

I♥am♥gie said...

sadly my skin just hit a plateau and I'm giving lulur a rest for a month. hohwell.. :(

HeartthrobCandy said...

@I am gie, what do you mean by that, "skin just hit a plateau"?

I just bought the big tub with licorice and mulberry leaf extract. I should have read the reviews first so that I may experience the smell of heaven with the green tree. :))

I♥am♥gie said...

I used this for 6 straight months and was getting good results however, these past few days, I've noticed some dry patches on my skin again so I guess my skin got used to it na and hindi na sha nagrerespond ng tama. but I'll be back, I'm just giving it a rest :)

green tea is the best smelling of the three :)

angelicdoll said...

Thanks for this wonderful review. I actually have a skin allergy too, I have Keratosis Pilaris that I really want to get rid of since it;s becoming more noticeable this days.I guess, I'll have to try the Lulur scrub and see if there will be a difference.

Unknown said...

I found your review helpfull as for somebody who wanna try a new stuff like me.i just bought the lulur scrub in green tea and vit.e..trying to reduce my underarm skin's darkenning.hope it'll be back to normal.i'd be following your upcoming reviews of more products as to help me explore.cheers!

Anonymous said...

Im using asian secret with tea and vit exam for almost 2weeks and still waiting for the result.. hoping it will work!!

And gladly the price soo cheap.. when you go to spa it worth 300-500 pesos..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...