Friday, May 18, 2012

Perfect Lip Shade Project: Nyx Matte in Merlot

Ready for another lippie review for my PLS project?

NYX Matte Lipstick in Merlot

This is my first NYX lippie by the way, and it didn't disappoint. In fact, this very lipstick encouraged me to explore NYX line some more - but I'm still hesitant to buy them online even if they are cheaper, maybe when I get to know more their colors, I would. I bought this from the same hidden stall where I bought my NYX matte lip cream for same price (300Php). I love wearing this, only my hubby doesn't approve. too red for him apparently, so I only get to wear this when I'm out with my friends. lol :D

Note its changing shades taken under different lighting conditions

According to NYX website:

NYX Matte Lipsticks are highly pigmented, richly formulated lipsticks that glide on smoothly, stay put and impart a non-glossy, high-fashion matte finish as they envelop lips in brilliant color. From Pure Red to Nude, Matte Lipstick is available in 22 rich, shades.

I can personally attest to its high pigmentation claim. Above photo of me shows just a swipe of freshly applied Merlot on my lips under super harsh sun (outdoors, around 2pm). It is buildable so you can go as bold as you like (that's probably just two swipes in my book. lol) It glides smoothly yes, as I didn't have to pull/tag it across my lips. Matte, check. Wide color range, check (which explains why swatching took almost two hours, making the hubby really really cranky. lol)

Anyway, I was quite amused when I took photos of this lippie yesterday under different lighting conditions (photos in the middle) The one on top is regular , indoor lighting (solid red) while middle one is outdoors (red-pink-coral). Bottom photo is indoors away from the light which surprisingly turned VIOLET. I now wonder if it also behaves as such on me, only I didn't notice? hmm.. interesting.

Anyway, real tube color, I would have to say, is the one on top. On lips, it is deep raspberry red (think wine red, deep grapey-red, but not plum-red) which really pops out and grabs attention. It's not as drying as NYX matte lip creams so I can safely say that you can skip lip balms on this one however I will not recommend skipping lip balms if your lips are naturally dry to begin with as it is a matte lipstick.

While I'm loving this color, this is too red for what I'm looking for so..

#nextlippieplease?again? :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...