Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October Mission: Beauty On A Budget

These past few weeks, I have been growing quite uncomfortable about my skin. I have already blogged about how reptilian it has become since having the baby and as much as I would like to take skin vitamins, I'm also hesitant about its effect on my breastmilk. I know about those websites for lactating mothers however I won't take chances and would rather wait for my son to finally wean off.

Problem is, my sweldo is late this month and I'm just stretching last month's money until this month's pay come through so that makes me a 30something mom on a VERY TIGHT budget!

So instead of visiting my favorite beauty shops, I am now scouring online shops and department stores for deals and quick beauty fixes. Here's what I came up with:

October beauty loot :)
From Watsons: Pantene Night Miracle Leave On Crème Serum about Php260, Purbasari Lulur Mandi- Whitening + Vitamin E. Php129 and Nichido blush brush Php138.

From South Supermarket: Garnier Light Overnight Whitening Peeling Cream at Php99 - comes with a green beauty pouch and 2 Garnier Light Moisturizing Cream sachets.

From Mercury Drug (lol. ikr): Ever Bilena Advance Perfect Eye Concealer - CO1 - Light at Php100.

Total of about Php700 for all these.

Yesterday and last night, I was able to try the concealer stick, Garnier moisturizing cream and overnight cream. I have yet to try the other three. will post reviews soon ^_^

Share your quick beauty fixes here! I would love to hear your secrets!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Kat said...

The only skin products I'm using now is Olay Total Effects, and random (whatever's in the house) body lotions. Rarely use makeup because I rarely go out, but I think I need an under eye concealer too. Mukhang panda na ako!

BTW, try eating malunggay or drinking malunggay tea. It might help with the reptilian skin. :)

gie said...

the ever bilena undereye concealer is quite nice, me thinks :) ako man, hindi din mamakeup, just blusher and kilay pencils kasi invisible kilay ko. hehe. naku, i tried malunggay for breastmilk kaso allergic ata ako dun kasi i get all red with rashes after drinking a cup :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...