Monday, April 2, 2012

TonyMoly Tomatox Magic White Massage Pack Review

FINALLY! I was able to get my hands on this pack - which I was soooo dying to do eversince my "love-at-first-try" with its sister, the Appletox. I could have bought this online but I needed the gel liner too and I figured since there's not much of a difference between its online price and instore, I might as well pick my stuff personally from the store and be able to check out other TonyMoly products too. 

So, last week, being my birthweek, we decided to self-declare a 3day-leave from work and hit the road. I begged the hubby to please make one stop at SM Makati since TonyMoly has a mini-stall inside and it is not really "out-of-the-way". While he was not really keen on this idea *for some reason, he dislikes going to Glorietta*, he relented (Yay for birthday BLACKMAIL! lol) 

Unlike Appletox, Tomatox comes in a cutesy, hard plastic box as seen below.. 


*ogle, ogle* I can't resist not taking a filtered photo of it and posting it up on Instagram. lol ^^


Good thing too, it comes with its own mini-spatula. The Appletox didn't, so I just use my handy-dandy spatula whenever I use the Appletox :)


I like the one with red beads better *because it looks cuter. lol* (I think that was the original Tomatox pack but for some reason it was discontinued, that one was labeled "brightening-something-something" that got me curious in the first place. hohwell..) 




According to TonyMoly's website:

*Tomato extract/solution antioxidant, detox properties to the clear skin *Lemon extract accelerating collagen synthesis, whitening, antioxidant, astringent *Baicha extract Less irritation to skin, whitening property *Houstonia extract It is known as a mysterious herb with 10 kinds of properties of anti inflammatory, antioxidant, anti allergenic, whitening, activating term over to provide clear skin tone. Tomato solution delivers instant brightening, massaging and skin clearing mask effect. Multi functional massage pack.

..so this is my "before-application" photo..

Forgive the eyebags ^^

To use: After cleansing, apply on towel-dried face and gently massage for about 1~2min. After massaging, leave it on your face for 5~10min. Rinse out with lukewarm water and pat with towel. 2~3times use per week or use everyday as needed.

geisha for 15minutes. lol :D
There's a bearable sting while wearing the pack which didn't surprise me considering that it is a whitening/brightening product. The creamy texture works like a mudpack and the smell *ooohhhh* is just lovely. The hubby loved the smell too as it lingered after rinsing (well, you have to use your imagination why he came THAT close after I rinsed the pack off. lol)

..ANNDDD.. this, my dear readers, is the "after" photo..


see? see? evidently, my skin has become whiter/brighter. The computer monitor in front of me may have a hand in it (lighting etc) or the angling of the face, but I was also in front of the computer when I took my "before" photo and just moved a little bit so I'm convinced it's the pack that did it to the skin :)  

However, unlike Appletox, Tomatox didn't leave a thin film of moisturising residue after rinsing so I suggest you use a moisturizer right after the pack. I think this is suitable for oily, combination skin as it can be a bit drying on me.

btw, it's 548Php instore and 550-650Php online (plus shipping)

#milkteahereicome!kisses! :)

6 comments:

Punky Bunny Blog said...

great review sis, ur totally pimples free, im having breakouts again Y^Y

I♥am♥gie said...

Thank you!! :) ayyy! blackheads and whiteheads galore naman ako sis! :D

shibariichan said...

i love ur review <3 :)

I♥am♥gie said...

@shibariichan thank you! :) and thanks for visiting too :)

Mad About My Skin said...

Thanks for the review! I just posted a review of this massage pack myself on my blog. Glad to see that it works for you. Unfortunately for me, it didn't have much of an effect!

http://madaboutmyskin.blogspot.com

Sylvia Easter said...

Nice post!!! I want go buy one and try it too!! :D Thanks for review~

www.sylviaeaster.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...