Monday, April 16, 2012

Watsons Deep Cleansing Nose Pore Tape Review

You all know that I am a nose pore strip addict right? For me, SKINFOOD Black Bean Nose Pack Pore Strip is still the best however, acquiring it - even in box of 7 - proves to be a little expensive, especially if I don't really have anything else to buy along with it - as I still have to consider the shipping fee which sometimes costs more than the product itself. So yes, I hoard whenever opportunity presents itself but I knew back then, I need something cheaper as an alternative.

A quick browse through racks of Watsons and this is what I came up with:

Watsons Deep Cleansing Nose Pore Tape
To tell you the truth, I'm not really a fan of Watsons products. Yes, I'm impressed with how big their selections are, in terms of brand-product variety - hell, it's like a big department store of all things beauty! - but when it comes to their own products, I always catch myself a wee bit hesitating. Okay, what convinced me to give this a try is the country, written on the label, where these pore strips were made:  Korea. Well, that's interesting enough for me so I bought a box (10 sheets) for 99Php



So, basically it works the same as any other pore strip. It should clean clogged pores and remove unwanted blackheads.

TO USE:  Wash face and towel dry. Wet nose area (ONLY nose area!!) then with dry hands, peel off the white strip off the plastic film then apply onto your wet nose. Smooth out any trapped bubbles from ridge to sides then leave for 10-15 minutes. Wait until it hardens then peel off. Rinse residue with water or clean with toner. Of course, avoid using on broken, damaged  or sensitive skin.

OKAY, HERE'S MY VERDICT.

I like this pore strip as it was able to pull out blackheads as efficiently as the Skin Food pore strip; okay not 100% but 80% maybe, which is good enough for me as I use this twice a week anyway. What I don't like about it is the type of glue they used to make the pore strip. While the glue grips like crazy on skin (ouchy! ouchy!), it creates fuzz-like threads of stray glue on the edges of the strip that tickle the nose (upon application) - can get really annoying! Aside from that, I'm quite satisfied with this pore strip :) so yes, I recommend it. In fact, I'm down to my last pore strip and will buy another box within the week. :)

#grouchyme.ihatemondays.

4 comments:

Janet said...

I've tried this too!but it hurt like hell when peeling it off..-_- but at least it did remove a bit of my blackheads..hehe~

I♥am♥gie said...

yep, the glue, grabe ang grip! kaloka! nakakaiyak pag peel off mo tas sobrang dry na sha on nose :D

Anonymous said...

this things smells horrible.

I♥am♥gie said...

yes they do. lol :D but i got used to it and hey, as long as they effectively pull out the blackheads, i'm good. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...